Thursday, February 12, 2009

finding the words

It is not often that you find a writer that touches your soul. Jenny of She Sells Seashells does just this each and every time I visit her blog. Her words reach deep and affect me in ways that linger for days.


I am grateful for this small world created by modern technology if only because it has allowed me to "hear" things I would not have been able to had it not existed.

And I am grateful for writers, like Jenny, who are brave enough to speak out loud those words.

* The picture in this post is of my mom taken about a month before she died after fighting a three year battle with ovarian cancer they said should have only lasted 18 months. She never lost that smile no matter where she was in that journey. Jenny, in writing of her own mother, brings my mom back to me. And for that I am forever grateful to her.

0 comments: