Friday, June 10, 2011

the perfect title header

it's been almost two years.... wow...

what happened in between...

a move from Vegas to small town Pella, Ia ... two very different worlds... after 9 months of being here I am still trying to adjust...

adjust to ... nothing being close by and I do mean nothing... no Starbucks, no Barnes & Noble, no Target, no Michael's, no Joann's, no Trader Joe's, no Wholefoods, no Manhattan Pizza, etc etc etc ... what constituted my world in Vegas now takes an hour drive to Des Moines for most of it and some of it has been left behind entirely

adjust to ... having only one of my children with me ... I miss the other three so so much and don't think this is something I will ever adjust to

adjust to ... the weather ... this is a very happy adjustment that really there was no adjusting to ... I had so missed the seasons while living in Vegas that I am reveling in all the differentness each season brings

adjust to ... my youngest being back in school part time at least as he is duel enrolled at the public high school and homeschooling too ... a very good adjustment as he loved his year at school and is looking forward to his senior year there next year .. but a hard adjustment too as homeschooling is just not the same anymore ... it is not something he really wants to be doing so it has been a hard go for both of us

adjust to ... living in an apartment instead of a house ... my first time ever of this experience and I have to admit there is so much about it that is hard for me and so many things I miss about being in a house

adjust to ... having a bit of family nearby ... a good adjustment

and the list could go on and on.

I don't imagine anyone reads here anymore but that's ok. I found myself needing somewhere to talk and this just seemed the right place again for now.

1 comments:

Kate said...

I read it, Mom! I'm glad you're blogging again :)